If some of you see links on this page (usually double underlined ones) which take you to advertisements - rather than to other blogs or different parts of this blog which I have set up - please don't think they have anything to do with me - somehow they appear without me knowing why and they are nothing to do with me. Sorry!



New visitor statistics for 2012

Total Visitor Counter

Sunday, 6 June 2010

This is of course using the same folder but using different colours and I used a distress inkpad to edge the image. The sentiment is a Clarity stamp which was coloured and edged in the same way.

This was made using a Cuttlebug embossing folder which was then coloured using alcohol inks in a spritzer. The bird was then picked out with a Promarker as were some of the grasses.

This card was made using the relief method - the image was stamped with Versamark and then a brayer was used to colour the image. I've had the stamp for ages and can't remember where it came from I'm afraid. When the image is polished with a piece of tissue or kitchen paper the image shows through It is backed with a piece of mirror card cut with a MS punch and the card edged with an inkpad.
Ooops - looks a bit crooked though!

Judi has reminded me I haven't described this card so I have done so in the comments.
Posted by Picasa

Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Another inked background - this time using cut and dry foam and a selection of ink pads. The stamps used were a variety of stamps that I have had for a long time so I can't say where they came from but I have tried to give the impression of the ground and the sky behind. This was then mounted onto a landscape A5 card.

Monday, 31 May 2010

This is the same Barbara Gray stamp used in a different way

This time I used apiece of A6 coated card which I spritzed with several different shades of alcohol ink. I used blending solution and a foam pad to move theink around until I liked the effect and then left it to dry.

I went round the edge of the card with distressed ink on a pice of foam to add shadow and depth and then used the swirl stamp with a black stazon ink pad.

Once it had dried I wiped the whole piece over with a versamark pad and used clear UTEE (Ultra Thich Embossing Enamel) and a heat gun. Idid this three times to create a thick coating which left the card looking like a tile.
This was then set onto an A5 card using double sided tape and finished with a simple peel off message. The edgesof the card were finisged witha gold Pen-touch caligraphy pen,

Hope you like it.
This A5 card was made using a relief stamping technique.

A piece of white card was cut, smaller than the A5 card and an oblong shape was masked off on this piece of card using low tack tape and then the swirl was stamped across the masked off area, using a versamark ink pad. The area was then brayerd using a Big and Juicy Spice ink pad and polished with a piece of kitchen roll to allow the swirl to show through. The tape was then removed and the rest of the swirl was stamped to connect up with the relief swirl, using a light green ink pad. Smaller swirls were added around the edge. The piece of card was edged with the light green pad - as were the edges of the main card and the smaller piece stuck in place with double sided tape.

The stamps used were Barbara Gray's large and small swirls from Clarity Stamps.